Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. Well actually, every meal is important. But, breakfast is a meal that should not be skipped. It is all about forming a habit. You may say, I am not hungry. Here is how you make the change and begin to form the habit.
- When you are ready to make the change, start it off with an evening exercise session.
- Make sure to go to bed early enough to get the sleep your body needs.
- You will wake up with a rested body that is yearning to use the energy from the day before.
- Get out of bed- Go to the kitchen- and Guzzle down 1-4 cups of water (add lemon in the water to aid in digestion, and start to rev your engine. This will kickstart your metabolism for the day)
- Take a shower
- Fruit first
- Some protein with every meal, like an egg
- Salmon or
- Turkey Bacon
- (Make sure that any meat you eat has no nitrates. Nitrates can be found in most packaged meat and is known to cause cancer. Markets such as Trader Joe’s, Henry’s, and Sprouts, carry meat which have minimal processing without nitrates, and many times they are the same price as the processed meats).
- Add in some whole grains, like
- Brown rice
- Or organic steel cut oats. Leave out the processed or bleached breads
Just mix up these different ingredients throughout the week. Substitute Fruit for Veggies, add in some different raw nuts. You get the idea!
You just have to get that first day started.
7. Day 2, exercise again, by day 3, your body will already start to crave a change. Listen to your body and you will know what to do. Exercising can be done at any time. Research has shown that a mid day session gives us optimal energy. Again, your body will tell you what it needs.